'08-09 Middle School Computer Fair (4/29/2009)
Students from several Colonial Intermediate Unite 20 districts participated in the annual Middles School Computer Fair on Monday, April 6, 2009 held in the Northampton and Pike rooms at the Colonial IU Office. Individuals and teams of students competed for advancement to the state computer fair in six categories:
- Desktop Publishing - any project such as a newsletter, magazine or brochure designed using desktop publishing software
- Digital Movie - any digital movies (such as a documentary, public service announcement or commercial) created in iMovie, Moviemaker, Final Cut Pro, Media 100, etc.
- Graphic Design - artwork used in advertisements, stationery or pictures
- Logo Design - any logo designed for use on marketing materials such as t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, posters, business cards, and/or letterhead
- Multimedia- any projects that include animation or video as part of a presentation
- Web Page Design - projects using FrontPage or Dreamweaver to create a public Web PageForty three students prepared thirty four separate projects demonstrating their use of technology in their schools and personal lives. The first place winners in each category will continue on to the state-level competition on May 20, 2009, at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA.
Students from the following school districts participated: Broughal Middle School (Bethlehem Area School District), Dingman-Delaware Middle School (Delaware Valley School District), JT Lambert Intermediate School (East Stroudsburg Area School District), and Wind Gap Middle School (Pen Argyl Area School District).